SyncGlobal provides access to emergency services to all end users. Access to this service consists of the various components of the 911/E911 system, which is composed of 911/E911 trunking, 911/E911 routing, and updating the E911 database. SyncGlobal utilizes a redundantly architected service with multiple emergency call routing mechanisms.
In addition to basic 911/E911 service, SyncGlobal offers advanced 911 ALI database and routing services to solve critical issues posed by nomadic VoIP users, distributed DID applications, and campus environments.
Advanced E911 ALI Database and Routing Services
- 911 Detect -- Advanced Automatic Location Identification (ALI) database service that delivers detailed location specific information to the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) on a per PBX station number (i.e. telephone number) basis when an emergency assistance call is placed. This 911 solution is designed for:
- customers utilizing PBX phone systems that distribute station numbers to one or more off-premise locations within the same E911 tandem office and PSAP jurisdiction;
- customers in campus-type environments or multi-tenant buildings requiring descriptive location information be sent to the PSAP in addition to the registered 911 address (ex. building name, floor, room number).
- 911 Remote Detect -- Advanced ALI database service with advanced routing that delivers location specific information on a per station number basis to the appropriate Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for station numbers that are not native to the E911 tandem office jurisdiction where they are deployed or utilized. This 911 solution is designed for:
- customers utilizing PBX phone systems that distribute station numbers to one or more off-premise locations outside of the E911 tandem office jurisdiction;
- nomadic IP PBX users.